Monday, November 5, 2012

Wreck 'Em Tech

As a cultural ambassador of the United States, it's only fair that I introduce my kids to American football... Specifically Texas Tech football.  As a recent graduate of Tech, I am still quite obsessed with keeping up with my team's stats and season.  I took this as an opportunity to teach the kiddos about football as a culture.  Because let's be honest, in Texas, football is king.  

I showed them videos of football game footage, half-time band shows, and the fans.  They were especially interested in the reaction of fans towards the game.  Face painting, the wearing of school colors, the mascots, and hand sings were an interesting concept for them.

This was the final product:

First grade kiddos :)
Second grade boys :)
"Wreck 'Em Tech!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment