Monday, October 29, 2012

Fat Girl Post

Every once in a while it's only fair that I show everyone the food I'm eating... So here goes.
 Lemon Table Cafe.  First legit cheeseburger I've had here.  Also, the BEST fries!  Cutest place ever.  If you ever find yourself in Korea, come here if you ever want the comforts of home. 
 Let's get more traditional now.  These are the BEST dumplings I've ever had.  They're from my small town of Muan.  It's a small family-owned place. SO GOOOOD.
 Want dumplings in a convenient pouch?  BAAAAM. 
 Figs.  My local farmer didn't want to sell them to me because she thought they would be too exotic for my taste buds.  Lucky for me I had my friend Angela there with me to translate.  Figs are one of my favorite fruits.  Didn't think Korea would have them!
 On some nights you just want a homemade meal.  For this one in particular I have to thank Angela.  She's seriously my best friend in Muan.  She's the sweetest person with the biggest heart.  I'm also incredibly lucky that she cooks and invites me over.  Love this girl!
 Homemade Samgyeopsal, courtesy of my dearest Angela.  So freaking good. 
 We've discovered the BEST chicken place in our little town of Muan.  Crispy on the outside and so incredibly juicy on the inside.  Yummmmmmmmmmmm.
I made a trip to Gunsan and was taken here: a Mediterranean restaurant that serves delicious lamb, awesome hummus, pita, unlimited beer, and hookah.  I was in heaven.  Thank you Ava, Matt, Taylor, and the random Koreans I met that night... I had a blast! 

No comments:

Post a Comment